IMAP – Full Instructions
Here are the details for setting up your council email account using the IMAP account type in Windows 10 Mail. IMAP is the preferred email setup method for your email accounts.
Please note, you need to replace mail.parishcouncilwebsites.org.uk with mail.yourdomain-pc.org.uk or whatever your domain is after the ‘mail.’
Launch your Email App
- Press the WINDOWS key on your keyboard to access the Windows 10 Start menu
- Select Mail
- Add an email account
- Click the Settings icon
- Click Accounts
- Click Add Account
- Under Choose an account, click Advanced setup at the bottom of the list
- Click Internet email
- Enter Internet email account settings
- Incoming email server: mail.parishcouncilwebsites.org.uk replace with your domain after the mail.
- Account type: IMAP4
- Email address: Your full email address
- User name: Your full email address
- Password: Your email password
- Outgoing (SMTP) mail server: mail.parishcouncilwebsites.org.uk replace with your domain after the mail.
- Outgoing server requires authentication: Yes
- Use the same username and password for sending mail: Yes
- Require SSL for incoming mail: Yes
- Require SSL for outgoing mail: Yes
- Click Sign-in