- The company agrees to provide website design, hosting and support services to local authorities in accordance with our service level agreement.
- The company provides support via a ticket service. We aim to answer urgent ticket queries within 1 hour and non urgent within 24 hours. Support requests should be made via a support ticket instead of telephone or email.
- The company will periodically update the software that the website relies on. From time to time we may change the software completely in the event that it becomes obsolete. Doing so may change some functionality.
- The company will backup all websites at regular frequencies.
- The Council agrees to pay the fees within 60 days from invoice by either bank transfer, card or cheque.
- Annual fees are payable for 12 months in advance. Termination notice can be served via email or support ticket no less than 60 days before the renewal date.
- The Council are responsible for any content provided to the company or uploaded to the website both in terms of accuracy and compliancy with applicable regulations.
- The Council agrees to inform the company of any changes in contact details within 7 days
- The Council agrees not to install additional software nor in anyway modify or reverse engineer any code without the written permission of the company.
- The council agrees to ensure that all passwords are updated and kept secure
The following shall remain the property of the Council
- Domain name
- All content including documents, images, text, logos and graphics
- All rights relating to software, HTML, PHP and other software that enables the operation of the website shall remain the property of the company.
- The Company warrants that for a period of 90 days from the date of first making the website live on the server, the coding of such Website shall be reasonably HTML- compliant and also compliant with WCAG2.1aa. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the sole and exclusive remedy for a breach of the warranties contained in this clause shall be that the Company shall replace the nonconforming coding to make such website reasonably HTML-and WCAG 2.1aa compliant.
- The Council acknowledges that HTML is a standard that is continually improved and changed and as a result, not all browsers used by third parties to access the internet may implement HTML in the same way. Variations in HTML coding associated with browsers shall not be the basis for a claim of breach of the Company’s warranty. The Council further acknowledges that content provided or added by the Council that negatively affects WCAG 2.1aa compliance shall be the Councils responsibility.
Limitation of Liability
- The Company’s liability to the Council for actual damages for any cause whatsoever, regardless of the form of the action, will be strictly limited to 100% of the annual fee paid on the last renewal date.
Limitations of Service
- Please refer to our Service Level Agreement
- No part of this agreement is intended to create a partnership or joint venture of any kind between the parties, neither does it authorise either party to act as agent for the other, and neither party shall have authority to act in the name or on behalf of or otherwise to bind the other in any way (including but not limited to the making of any representation or warranty, the assumption of any obligation or liability and the exercise of any right or power).
- Any changes to the account will only be effected by the nominated contact as per the details held in our customer portal. In the event of resignation, sickness or death of the contact, we will request confirmation (via individual emails) of the details the new contact from both the Chair and the RFO. This includes removal or suspension of email addresses, password changes, account upgrades and downgrades or any request that requires material changes to the services provided by the company.